Ahh.. another RE's appointment for the books. I can't believe how many times I see the same exact people each week, and I'm not even pregnant yet. Oh well..I'll be happier when I got a little bugger on board and I have to go there. Ultrasound showed 17 small follies on the left... 16 on the right. Biggest one (on both sides) measured 6mm. So they are starting me on 75iu of Follistim and I have to go back Friday morning to see where I am. Good news - Jeff can give me the shots (thank goodness..because I can't see myself doing it!) when he gets home from work at 11:30. The nurse said as long as the times are consistent, then it should be fine. Bad news - I only have 300iu of the medicine. That's 5 days (well, 4..but the nurse explained to me that they overfill the vial so I can get an extra day out of it). They donated that medicine to me, which I very much appreciate. However, the nurse thinks I'm going to need more than 300iu. Which means I have to pay out of pocket for more medication. I don't know how much it's supposed to be and she said they'll go through the cheapest pharmacy possible... but I guess that's not really bad news. I'm willing to pay for it.. hey.. if it works, and I get my bundle of joy in the end, what's $100? (give or take)
So I get to start the injections tonight.. and I'm nervous. But that's not the only thing on my mind. Today is a bittersweet day for me. My grandfather had a heart attack and passed away 8 years ago today... I miss him more and more every day that goes by. We were so close and my heart is still broken after all these years. I think about how I'm trying to have a baby, and he won't be here to see him/her for the first time. But I know when God does bless me with a baby, he'll have something to do with it. Today is also 4 years since Jeff and I got engaged. Hence it being so bittersweet. It was definitely an emotional day 4 years ago, but to think of it now.. I can't help but shed a few tears.
(Don't mind the date.. I got it done in 2007..my camera was messed up. This is a memorial tattoo I drew up for my grandfather. Thanks to Liz from Headlight for rockin out another one for me.)

I miss you, Poppy. It doesn't seem like 8 years already. I love you so much. I'll see you again.. but until then.. hugs and kisses forever.



0 comments:
Post a Comment