Wednesday, August 3, 2011

in the life of infertile myrtle... :)

So I guess it's time for another update in the life of the infertile myrtle.

I know last time I posted, it was about my dog, Bandit. I miss him everyday. He was practically my life, and my everything. He was the one thing that no matter what, could put a smile on my face. I am happy, though, that he's in a better place, and no longer suffering. And some of you may not believe in this sort of thing, but I know he's here. He leaves me little hints to let me know he's around. I miss you, Bubba. Keep watching over us. We'll see you later. <3

Now to the other aspects of my life..

The jobfront. One word = sucks. Ugh. I can't stand my job. I'm so tired of being the one who catches all of the crap that doctors and insurance companies do. It's not my fault that you don't have a job, and that my taxes are paying for you to be on Oxycontin because you're "in pain", and that the insurance company won't cover you earlier than 30 days, because that's the LAW. Ugh. I need to find a new job. Like, now. The stress and crap just isn't worth it anymore. I'm not happy when I go in, and I'm not happy when I leave. It's just not fair to have to live like that. I'm trying my best to get the hell out of there. It's just a little difficult right now. *sighs*

On the infertile myrtle front, things are slowly moving along. I got an email July 11th from my lawyer stating that he finally sent the papers to the sheriff's department to be served to NJ Transit. The lawyer said he would expect them to serve the papers within that week, and that it shouldn't be too difficult, since the sheriff's office is literally right next door to NJ Transit's main office in Newark. And of course, they have 35 days to contest. However, my lawyer said he thinks they're not going to take the full 35 days since it's a lawsuit against such a big company. We just don't know how they're going to respond. I'm hoping they settle, but I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy, especially with the way things have been going for Jeff and I lately. I don't think we're going to catch a break on this at all. I think they'll fight that they're exempt, and blah blah. I still have the letters that I had a few people write for me on why they think I should be covered. So we'll see. I counted 35 days to be around August 19th. So I'm hoping to hear a response sooner than that. I'm catching baby fever again, and I'm trying not to. I was on birth control in June for like 2 weeks, and took myself off it. I had AF for 2 weeks straight, and with everything that happened with Bandit, and my body stressing out, and acting weird, it just wasn't the right time. I actually tested earlier this afternoon after I had been spotting for a few days (it stopped 2 days ago) and had a few things going on, and it came out negative. I expected it, but with all of the bad stuff going on, I was just wishing that something good would finally pop up. I know in time, I'll get my dream. But Jeff and I did talk, and we decided that we're giving it until he turns 40. We had a plan of either being pregnant or already having a baby by the time I was 25. I'll be 25 in a month and 3 days, so obviously that's not happening. Heh. So we'll see.

Other than that.. we're just trying to staying afloat. My car took a crap June 21st- how do I know the date so well? That was the day I got my oil change at Mazda. 2 hours later, my car started acting up. We've already spent over $300 on a new tensioner and labor to put that in, only to find out that wasn't the problem. So a month later, we finally figured out that my variable valve timing actuator is crapped out. So thats another $350 + labor. And I need a new battery, new brakes, and new tires. Yay for all this stuff happening all at once, and having like NO money for it all. Can you see now why I was looking for the positive pregnancy test? I can't handle all of this bad news. Ugh. We just need to get it fixed asap. I want my car back.

I miss driving her and well.. we sort of need her...

....because in 23 days.. just 23 lovely days.. Jeff and I will be driving down to DISNEY!!!!!

I'm so excited!! It's one good thing that I've been looking forward to this trip since last October! Neither of us have ever been there, and I'm beyond excited. My dining room table has now become the Disney table. I have everything we need for the trip on there, and more. I have about 3 checklists in my disney notebook, with everything we need. And actually, we'll be having our last meeting to talk about the specifics of the road trip with my best friend and her husband. We're going down with them and their 2 girls. They've all been there before, with the exception of Morgan (she's only 2). Jim's really excited for it being Morgan's first time, and we're all excited to be going. We've been having meetings to discuss everything over the past few months, and now this is our last meeting. Can't wait to go over the itinerary and the specifics of actually driving down there. Jim got walkie talkies for him and Jeff to use while driving, since we're driving at night. They don't want to have to worry about waking Karen and the girls up, or me. We'll be following them down with my car, and that's why she needs to be fixed completely before we leave. It's approximately a 1,000 mile drive. So we need to make sure everything is pristine and ready to go. I've been counting down since October 22nd, and I cannot wait! Karen is doing my hair Wednesday the 24th, and I'll be getting a pedicure. Thursday, the 25th, we'll be dropping Bella off to Jeff's parent's house for the week. Friday, the 26th, I'm going to get up in the morning, and do everything around the house while Jeff sleeps all day, since he's the one thats driving overnight. Then around 8pm, we'll be meeting with Jim and Karen off of 295, and we'll start heading down. We figure we'll stop around 7am and get breakfast, then switch out, so Karen and I will drive, and the guys can snooze for the rest of the drive in. It is such an understatement about how excited I am over this trip. It's so needed, and soo wanted. We usually take a few vacations yearly, but because we're going to Disney this year, we didn't take any, so it's desperately needed. Ahhhhh. Check for pictures (especially if you're my friend on Facebook). I got a new memory card just for Disney itself, and it can hold at least 2,400 pictures. Yay! :)

Alright, I guess that's enough blabbing for me. If you've read this entire thing, thank you for loving me lol.

I'll probably put in another update after we get back from Florida. Until next time! :)

oxoxo.

0 comments: