So here I am..
It's been a while, I know. Just haven't really had the interest to write. But I don't have much to do now, so I'd figure I'd update you on what's been going on in my world..
Still at CVS, and I have no idea why. I hate my job so much, but I know I can't leave it until I find a new job. But.. that is a feat in itself, and I am so tired of putting myself out there. And I know it's probably a waste, since summer literally (officially, by calendar only, of course) starts next week. And everyone's out of school. So I'm just going to push through and bite my tongue. Let's just hope I don't give myself a self-piercing. (I think I've come pretty close sometimes).
I haven't posted since, but I am now a Tastefully Simple consultant. I signed up the last week of February, and have been working since. I absolutely love it. To be able to share food and whatnot and have fun with different people is really great. I've started out slow (only 3 parties so far), but I'm having a wonderful time, nonetheless. Throwing it out there - if you're interested in having a party, or ordering, contact me (facebook.com/kotazbabiigurl143 or hhubbs9686@gmail.com).
Another upside - I'm down 21lbs. I should be down more than that at this point, but I've kept the weight off after falling off the wagon quite a few times. I did have a bet going on with my mom to see if I could lose 60 lbs by August 1st, and she would give me money. However, I know I'm not going to reach that goal, but my mom also just recently had surgery and is out of work until further notice, so I'm not expecting money at all. So I have a mini goal for myself, 240lbs by August 26th...
Why that date??
Because thats when (another good thing to post about, thank God!) we head to our first trip to Disney!!!! I'm so freaking excited, it's ridiculous. I think we have like 73 days, 4 hours, and 22 minutes or something like that. (I only know that because of the Disney widget I have on my Droid and my computer lol). We're going with my best friend, her husband, and their two daughters. Jeff and I have never been, at all, and we've been talking about going to Disney for years. We're making it our overdue honeymoon/5th anniversary gift. I cannot wait to go. I think Jeff and I both need to get away from the stress and hell we've been dealing with for the last few months. And I think it's more than appropriate to say that we're ready to escape reality. We booked in October of last year, and have been waiting since then, and though to me, on some days it can't come soon enough, it really is going by quickly. Before we know it, Jeff will be on his first week of vacation (we're going on his second week) and I'll be scurring to get everything done. I really can't wait though.
Alright, now to one of the not so good things going on right now. Our 10 year old (soon to be 11..actually tomorrow..) dog, Bandit isn't doing so well. A few weeks ago, we noticed his neck became very swollen, and he was very lethargic. We took him to the animal hospital and the vet said it could be one of two things : an infection (which we hoped for), or lymphoma (the most common type of cancer found in dogs). However, with his symptoms, and the quickness of how it all happened, the vet was pushing more towards cancer than anything. Bandit has been on prednisone for the past 2 weeks, and just finished his antibiotic yesterday. He's been getting sick some days, and others he's been pretty good. Normal good and bad days that cancer patients have, unfortunately. We've also noticed that his body has thinned out majorly, and seemed to happen overnight. We took him back to the hospital yesterday, and although he was showing some improvements, he keeps going downhill. His thinning out is what I feared - weightloss. He weighed in at 91lbs. He usually is around 110-120lbs. He hasn't been under 100 since he was a puppy. You can see his skull, and his backbone, and it's frightening. The vet said that it's the cancer eating away at his muscle mass. We haven't had the testing done to officially diagnose him yet, since the funds aren't there, but we also have to wait for him to finish out the prednisone to see if/when his throat flairs back up again, and once that does, then we go for the biopsy and x-rays to see exactly what it is, and if its spreading. Then we have to figure out if we go through with chemo, or if it's just better to put him down. The vet said that if we wait for him to pass naturally, it won't be quiet and calm. He'll be in distress, and in pain, and have trouble breathing. I don't want him to suffer. So right now, it's just a waiting game, which is something I know too well, and of course absolutely dread. So we'll see. And sadly enough, my mother in law and I both have said to each other that we have a feeling we'll only be dropping Bella off when we go to Disney... not two dogs. I don't want to think of that at all, but I can't help it. I just pray that if it does have to happen, he'll let us know sooner than later, so he doesn't have to be in pain for too long.
Okay, I think I'm done. I am numb from all of these bad things going on around me. Hopefully I'll have a good thing to post about next time.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Posted by Heather at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment